- approx. 18 primary school serves (foil containers).
- approx. 13 secondary school serves (noodle boxes).
- 1kg raw chicken breast, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground garam masala
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 4 zucchinis, roughly chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt (HSR ≥ 3.5«)
- 800g tomato puree or passata
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- in a large bowl, add the garlic, cumin, coriander, garam masala and chilli powder then mix well. Add the chicken and coat well. If time, allow to sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
- heat up a large pot and add canola oil. Fry off the chicken mix for 3 minutes or until the spices start to go brown.
- add the Greek yoghurt, tomato puree and water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10–15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- add the chopped capsicum, zucchini and broccoli and simmer for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender and mixture has slightly thickened.
- garlic press
- 1 tablespoon
- ½ tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon
- chopping knife
- chopping board
- measuring cup
- large pot
- wooden spoon
- you can add any other vegetable of your choice to the mix.
- for a hot curry add chilli powder or flakes.
- cooked rice to serve - Line the base of each small square foil container (1/2 cup rice) or noodle box (3/4 cup rice) before spooning curry on top.
- save time and make a large batch of the curry powder mix in advance. Make sure you mix well. Use 4 tablespoons of pre-mixed spice powder to each recipe.
Recipe tested September 2016