- 20 x 16-ounce noodle boxes (primary serve).
- 25 x 320mL foil containers (secondary serve).
- 1kg chicken breast, diced
- 50mL canola oil
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 12 cups cooked rice
- ¼ bunch shallots, sliced
- 100mL salt-reduced soy sauce
- heat pan or wok and add the canola oil.
- add lightly beaten eggs and cook until they form an omelette, then break it into chunks.
- place cooked egg in a bowl and set aside.
- add the garlic, mushrooms and chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- add the zucchini and carrot and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- add the peas and rice, continually stirring all ingredients from the bottom of the pan or wok until the peas are heated through.
- add the cooked egg and fold through.
- finish with sliced shallots and soy sauce. Toss to combine.
- measuring jug
- measuring cup
- 1 teaspoon
- garlic press
- 2 chopping boards
- chopping knife
- rice cooker
- replace the chicken with 800g of firm tofu chunks (or diced, salt-reduced ham – this then becomes an Occasional recipe).
- replace the zucchini, carrot and peas with 5 cups of frozen mixed vegetables.
- make sure the soy sauce is added at the last minute, otherwise it will stick to the pan if cooked for too long.
Recipe tested September 2016.