- 12 small containers (70ml sauce-type containers) 45-50g each.
- 400g chickpeas, drained but keep some of the liquid
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed spread)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth
- add a small amount of the liquid from the chickpeas until you reach your preferred consistency
- 1 tablespoon
- food processor
- garlic press
- Moroccan hummus: Add 1 teaspoon of Moroccan seasoning to the basic recipe (and replace the olive oil with sesame oil, if desired).
- serve as a ‘crunch kit’ with crunchy carrot sticks, celery sticks and grainy crackers (HSR > 3.5).
Recipe tested September 2016.