Pumpkin and spinach salad
- 12 serves
- 1.5kg pumpkin, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60mL) olive oil
- 300g baby spinach leaves
- 200g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- place pumpkin on baking tray, brush lightly with oil and season with pepper.
- cook pumpkin until tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
- place spinach, feta cheese and pumpkin in a large serving bowl.
- combine mustard, vinegar and remaining olive oil in a separate bowl, stir well to combine.
- divide the salad into individual containers and drizzle dressing over the salad just prior to serving.
- 2 knives
- chopping board
- 1 tablespoon
- measuring cup
- baking tray
- baking paper
- cooking brush
- large serving bowl
- small bowl
- large spoon
- 12 containers to serve
- pumpkin can be cooked ahead of time (oven baked or steamed) and stored in the refrigerator until needed.
Recipe tested September 2016.