Tasty savoury muffins
- 19 muffins.
- 1½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1½ cups white self-raising flour
- ¼ bunch English spinach, chopped
- ½ cup red capsicum, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- ¼ cup reduced-fat cheese
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup canola oil 100g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- preheat oven to 220°C.
- sieve both flours into a large mixing bowl then add spinach, capsicum, zucchini, reduced-fat cheese, parsley and mix together.
- in a separate bowl, whisk the milk, egg and oil together.
- fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture until combined then add the crumbled feta. Do not over-mix.
- place an even amount into muffin tins (keeping in mind that this recipe makes 19 muffins) and bake for 20 minutes.
- serve warm or at room temperature.
- measuring cup
- chopping board
- 2 muffin trays
- use any vegetables you think will taste good, especially leftovers.
- this recipe is suitable for vegetarians.
Recipe tested September 2016.