- 15 patties.
- 500g sweet potato, peeled, chopped, cooked and mashed
- 2 x 400g cans green or brown lentils, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- canola oil spray
- when the cooked sweet potato is cool, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- divide into 15 even balls and shape into patties.
- allow patties to set in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- spray a hot frypan with canola oil spray and cook patties on medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden, before turning over and cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- serve on a wholemeal or multigrain bun, with sliced tomato and lettuce (optional reduced-fat cheese, HSR > 3.5*).
- large mixing bowl
- chopping board
- garlic press
- measuring cup
- 1 tablespoon
- cling wrap
- wrap patties individually and freeze until needed.
Recipe tested September 2016.