- 12 muffins (70–80g each); 1 muffin per serve.
- flavours: berry, banana, apple and cinnamon, peach and passionfruit.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup (150g) white self-raising flour
- 1 cup (150g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup reduced-fat milk (HSR > 3.5*)
- 1 cup fruit (see variations below)
- preheat oven to 180°C.
- lightly coat muffin tray with cooking spray.
- sieve flour and sugar into a bowl, then make a well in the centre.
- lightly whisk eggs then add oil and milk.
- add the mixture to the dry ingredients along with the fruit. Stir until just combined. Do not over-mix at this stage.
- spoon into muffin tins, making 12 muffins, and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- serve warm or cooled at room temperature.
- measuring cup
- 1 x 12-tin muffin tray
- mixing bowl
- mixing spoon/wooden spoon 1 tablespoon
- berry muffin: 1 cup of frozen berries, mixed or individual (e.g. raspberries, blueberries) + 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- banana muffin: 1 cup mashed banana (approximately 2 large bananas).
- apple and cinnamon muffin: 1 cup peeled, grated or finely diced apple and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- peach and passionfruit muffin: ¾ cup diced canned peaches (in fruit juice, drained, HSR > 3.5) and 2 tablespoons passionfruit pulp.
Recipe tested September 2016.