Links to wellbeing strategies and curriculum
There are various ways to encourage and support implementation of the strategy within teaching and learning.
- Integrate the topic of healthy lifestyle into the curriculum with explicit teaching of healthy lifestyle choices in PDHPE, Science and Technology K–6, and Food Technology for Years 7 and 8.
- Provide opportunities for student discussion, such as debating.
- Identify opportunities for learning about growing, preparing and cooking healthy food – school gardens can play an important role
- Use websites and Apps such as FoodSwitch as a resource for learning about healthy food and drinks across a number of curriculum areas
- Provide healthy, tasty food and drink options at the canteen which will support the physical domain of the Wellbeing Framework for Schools.
- Run promotional health campaigns, such as the Crunch&Sip program for Years K–6.