Supporting canteen staff to implement the Healthy School Canteen Strategy
School leaders can facilitate training for canteen managers and canteen staff.
As a School leaders you can:
- Reinforce the requirement for your school canteen to meet the strategy by December 2019.
- Facilitate access to the resources.
- Encourage involvement with health promotion associations.
- Support and facilitate the canteen manager’s capacity to meet the Food and Drink Criteria and complete a Menu Check.
- Email us your Canteen Managers contact details so we can directly share resources and support them in ensuring your school canteen meets the strategy in time.
As a school leader you can facilitate training for your canteen managers and canteen staff (including volunteers). The training resources and information have been developed to support school canteen staff include
- The 10 Steps to a Healthy School Canteen program
- Video case studies
- Specific tools to help meet the Food and Drink Criteria
- Sample menus
- Recipes specifically for canteens to help your school meet the criteria
You will also find healthy recipes, information, resources, a buyers’ guide and advice to assist canteens, schools and parents to serve healthy foods and drinks on the NSW Healthy Kids website.