Supporting canteen staff to implement the Healthy School Canteen Strategy
School leaders can facilitate training for canteen managers and canteen staff.
School leaders can
- Facilitate access to workshops and resources.
- Encourage involvement with health promotion associations.
- Provide support that can facilitate the canteen manager’s capacity to adopt and implement a healthy canteen.
What support is available?
School leaders can facilitate training for canteen managers and canteen staff (including volunteers). The following resources provide access to training and information to support school canteen staff:
- Resources including case studies, menus, and recipes on this website.
- Find healthy recipes for canteens as well as a range of other resources to assist canteens, schools and parents to serve healthy foods and drinks on the NSW Healthy Kids website.
- Find information, resources, a buyers’ guide and questions and advice at the Healthy Kids Association, a non-government not-for-profit health promotion association.